Saturday, March 20, 2010

The clouds are back!

I missed the clouds.

After tweaking the template and layout in January, the overall look was much easier on the eye, but the library clouds were gone. Last week Blogger in Draft announced the new Blogger Template Designer and post featured this handy video.



I spent time Friday morning updating the AU Library News Blog and the IRC News & Information Blog using the template designer. Not only can you choose cleaner template designs, but it is also possible to personalize the background colors, fonts, upload logos for the banner, and adjust the width of the blog text area as well. Once one was complete, it was easy to duplicate the template for the second. Now these blogs have a more uniform look that utilizes the university web site color palette and logo (though the IRC logo is about 20 pixels less in height). Plus, they are just prettier. It was only a matter of time before I started thinking about Library Cloud sans clouds.

Luckily, I have blog-mates that understand me and indulge my technology eccentricities!

No comments: