Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ALA2010: YALSA Sessions

Opportunity to attend YALSA sponsored sessions is one of the highlights of any ALA annual, or midwinter for that matter, conference. I don't know if I was in meetings or just conference program challenged, but I managed to miss my favorite sessions, Best Fiction for Young Adults Teen Feedback. Luckily, the YALSA Blog has a nifty Cover It Live widget embedded and it's possible to review all of the titles discussed. When asked for their top two favorites, these six titles were among those highlighted. We have five of the six and I'll be sending the list to one of the children's literature professors tomorrow.

I attended another YALSA sponsored session Sunday afternoon; this one geared toward best practices in programming and instruction, on Sunday afternoon and was impressed by the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival. Committee Chair, Stephanie Squicciarini, Teen Services Librarian, Fairport Public Library, is nothing short of amazing. Seeing is believing, watch the video:

No comments: