The fall release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows re-opens continuing discussion of the series place on the most frequently challenged lists. Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian was recently challenged and removed from a school district in Stockton, Missouri. When perusing the Banned and Challenged Classics list, I am continually surprised by the number of titles I recognize because they are classics and because they were required reading for English classes in high school.
- About Banned and Challenged Books
- ALA Banned and Challenged Books
- Books Challenged or Banned 2009-2010
- ALA Banned and Challenged Classics
- ALA Challenges by Year
- ALA Banned Books Week on Facebook
- ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom
- ALA Banned Books Week Calendar of Events
- ALA Banned Books Week Press Kit
- Ten Ways to Celebrate Banned Books Week
- Banned Books Week 2010: Which Books Drew the Most Fire Last Year?
- Banned Books Week: Ten Flashlight Worthy Books People Most Wanted Banned
- Banned Books Week 2010: 15 Iconic Movies Based on Banned Books
- 10 Banned Books You Might Not Expect
- Celebrate Banned Books Week 2010
- Banned Books Week: Q & A How Books Get Banned
And last year's Puppet Book Banners video from ALA's YouTube Channel.
Time to go find a great book to read, it's my choice.