Saturday, October 28, 2006

ALAO Conference & accommodations

Considering attending the ALAO Conference at the Crowne Plaza at Quaker Square Friday, November 3rd? Good news, it's not to late. According to the ALAO conference web site on-site registration will be accepted the day of the conference. Just fill out a registration form (Word doc), email it to Kim Leggett @ kleggett@cscc.edu, and pay by check at the conference sign in desk the day of the conference. Since I am attending the OhioLINK pre-conference workshop, Marketing Research for Libraries 101, I decided it would be nice to stay overnight at the Crowne Plaza instead of driving home Thursday evening and back to Akron on Friday morning. Not only will it save time, but I was also on the committee that chose the Quaker Square conference site and had a chance to tour the hotel. I really want to stay in one of the round rooms. Unfortunately, the conference hotel rate deadline ended October 3rd and I waited until Wednesday to make this decision. Fortunately, I was able to secure a reservation through Travelocity at close to the conference rate. I'm going to stay in one of the round silo rooms after all, and if I remember my camera will post pictures with the after - or during - conference blogging.

Photo source: Crowne Plaza Quaker Square.

No comments: