Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ALAO Conference

It's that time, an annual fall academic library event I always look forward to attending. Tomorrow is the first day of the two day Academic Library Association of Ohio's (ALAO) 33rd Annual Conference at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

I printed my directions to the Convention Center, located my hotel and judged it's proximity to the Convention Center (easy walking distance), printed the page from the ALAO web site telling "if not parking at the Hampton Inn, use parking lots 3 or 4. These are closes to the C-Pod area" where ALAO events are being held, and printed a copy of the schedule at a glance for both days. Yes, there is a full program available from the ALAO web site, but I like to view that at the conference and look at the schedule-at-a-glance from home the night before.

I am looking forward to hearing Joe Janes on Friday at the President's Program. As I have mentioned her before, I was lucky enough to hear Mr. Janes at the 28th Annual Conference five years ago. There will be plenty to choose from over this two-day event and I am sure I will be blogging about them over the next week. All that's left for me to do is decide if I should drag my work laptop along, or take notes at the sessions I attend and bring my camera instead. I have not been able to determine if the convention center is wireless (shades of unhappy users at Akron looming in my thoughts), so I will probably opt for notes and my camera. It is a lot lighter to carry!

Tags: , , ,

No comments: