Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Waiting for Wonderstruck

After seeing the movie trailer for Hugo while waiting for Harry Potter 7 and remembering how I enjoyed The Adventures of Hugo Cabret, I've been not-so-patiently waiting for our copy of Wonderstruck to arrive in the library.  I discussed the books pending arrival during the Mock Caldecott panel last week.

I've tried not to read the inevitable discussions and comparisons between Selznick's 2008 Caldecott Award winner Hugo and his newest novel, Wonderstruck. It's been difficult.

Leaving work yesterday, I noticed our copy has arrived (I'll be putting my name on the list).  This morning, despite my best intentions, I read an interesting post by Robin Smith on the Horn Book's Calling Caldecott blog. Judging by the number of copies "in process" and "on hold" in OhioLINK, I'm not the only person looking forward to reading Wonderstruck.

No comments: