Friday, May 10, 2013

Pinterest: notifications & analytics

Pinterest has been rolling out layout 'tweaks' over the last few weeks; Improvements to the New Look highlighted updates and the return of some favorite features. (An aside: I really need to get my Google Reader feeds moved and organized.) I did not opt-in immediately, so the arrival of the new 'Notifications' drop down menu on the IRC blog this morning was a surprise.  Instead of notifications - pin activity - being displayed with pins from people I follow, it is now a drop down menu feature with the account navigation menu (see below).


I liked the notifications panel in its previous location, it helped provide immediate visual feedback for the area.  However, since I get email updates for IRC Pinterest activities changing the location of notifications information is not problematic. That said the menu area is getting a bit crowded at the top of the page, especially since I verified the IRC blog to view analytics.

About those analytics ...

It has been three weeks since I verified the IRC Blog to use the analytics function.  I have seen interesting site metrics for reach (people seeing pins), impressions (my pins in main feed), clicks (from Pinterest), and visitors.  Analytics for most recent show pins from prior to ACRL; most repinned and most clicked only display "we don't have any data for this date" regardless of the date range selected. Email notifications tell me pins are being liked and repinned, so it is odd this has yet to translate to analytics presented.

It may be that I need to exercise patience since these same metrics are not yet visible on my personal Pinterest site either. Time will tell; keep calm and Pinterest on.

No comments: