Wednesday, October 15, 2014

New Pinterest Layout?

Pinterest has been busy as of late with promoted pins, privacy updates, and custom search options.


A recent 'redesign' adjusted the general layout significantly as well.

Earlier today while updating the #IRCshelfies board on Pinterest, I was surprised by another layout update.  This time the profile had been updated to oddly resemble Tumblr.


After making a few adjustments to the display (the word 'library' was no longer visible), I logged out to check my personal site.  Why? Often Pinterest changes and updates are done on a trial basis and only one site reflects a pending update.  My personal site reflected the same layout update.  However, when moving back to the IRC site it returned to the previous profile display.


In the time it took me to log in to @ircaulibrary to grab a link for my pin description and upload the #IRCshelfie pin ...



My instructional technology classes recently completed their Pinterest assignment. Yesterday, I finished project evaluation for both sections. I am oddly relieved by the timing of this site redesign. Changes are to be expected and students are made aware of how using free resources can impact lessons, but it would have been somewhat stressful.

Even more so as the update has once again reverted back to the 'old' design layout.

No comments: